Old 19-11-2004, 03:19 PM
Benign Vanilla

"aaalll" wrote in message
news:Zb2nd.48085$V41.42489@attbi_s52...
will putting an iron dumbell (weight that goes on bar) in pond be toxic to
fish? I have to weight down the pump hose that feeds the vege filter to

keep
the raccoon from pulling it out.

My guess is that it is not a problem. By the time that solid piece of metal
rots and fouls the water, you will have (do you like that future post,
pre-jurassic tense verb usage?) changed the water so many times as to not be
a problem.

If you are concerned though, go to big orange and get yourself a cinder
block, or other block with holes in it. It'll be just as easy to tie your
hose too, the algae will hide it in a matter of days, and the worst you can
do is harden your water a bit, but then again see my original point on will
have been water changes.

BV.