Old 19-11-2004, 10:16 PM
Cichlidiot

how about Walmart? they wont fill prescriptions for "morning after"
pills. Ingrid

Big difference between the morning after pill (self-referred) and birth
control (prescribed by your doctor). In this particular case which
happened a couple of months ago (saw it on cnn.com), the pharmacist
stepped way out of line. He probably would have gotten away with refusing
to fill the prescription, but refusing to transfer it so she could get it
at another pharmacy is really stepping over the line. See, with the
morning after pill, she could have just tried elsewhere because it's
self-referred. Annoying yes, but at least there's other options. In this
case, she was stuck with no prescription until her doctor's office was
open and even then it can take several days to get a prescription
refill/reissued over the phone. Personally, if a pharmacist ever tries to
pull something like this on me, there would be quite the scene. I can
quite effectively combine verbal lashings and tears into a very "manager
will get on your case/fire your bleep" outcome.