Old 21-11-2004, 03:48 PM
Dave S

Phrags LOVE semi-hydro. Before I started using RO I used to grow them
in very hard water with no problems, but I did flush the pots through
monthly with distilled. It might depend on the exact chemical
breakdown of your water. Most Phrags like plenty of calcium.
Dave

Dewitt wrote in message . ..
I've been avoiding phrags due to the high mineral level of local tap
water, but wonder if semi-hydro culture would help compensate for
that. Or maybe it would make the problem worse. Anybody have any
thoughts on growing phrags in high mineral level water?

deg