Old 21-11-2004, 03:46 PM
Mike Z. Helm

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:40:32 GMT, "Azul Funk"

It's not going to matter. Kerry, Bush. the same corporations will control
the forest as do now and I suspect that they will be subject to the same
checks and balances (or lack thereof) as they are now. Face it, we're
doomed.

But based on their record (rhetoric vs. actions), Bush is much more
harmful to the environment. It's not that Kerry cares more about it -
it's that Bush cares more about the corporations.

It probably won't make a significant difference though.

Your best bet if you care about nature and harmful practices within it is to
be a keen observer and report any violations to the proper authorities.

But under Bush, the "violations" very often wouldn't be violations -
they'd be exemptions specifically granted to circumvent regulations.

Keep
your camera close at hand.

--
There's no way to delay that trouble comin' everyday