Old 24-10-2004, 09:49 PM
Jerry

Default Care about nature? Read this...

President Bush is slaughtering the environment!
He has removed laws that protected the air we breath and the water we
drink. He has opened up national forests to major logging and road
building. He is promoting oil and gas drilling in nature reserves.
He has removed laws that protected endangered and threatened species.
He has taken actions that will make the effects of global warming even
worse, leading to more droughts and wildfires in some regions and
serious flooding in others. Basically, he has undone DECADES of work
done by environmentalists and is THE most environmentally destructive
president in history. If you care about life on this planet, DON'T
vote for him.

More info: http://www.bushgreenwatch.org
http://www.environment2004.org http://www.envirovictory.org

How can you help?
1) Vote Kerry - "an environmental champion"
2) Tell as many people as you can about the devastating things Bush is
doing to the environment and encourage them to vote for Kerry.
Old 24-10-2004, 09:57 PM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

Jerry,

This is a pond ng rather than a political one.

As a rule, this ng does not enter into OT discussions.

When we do, it tends to be with careful identification of an OT post and
without strident advocacy.

By all means find an appropriate political ng for your post.

Jim
Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

m...

Old 24-10-2004, 11:27 PM
David H. Lipman

Ditto !

Dave

. ..

Old 25-10-2004, 02:16 AM
J.D. Stone

"Jerry" wrote in message
m...
President Bush is slaughtering the environment!
snip.

My, my. That one man could do so much in so little time tsk. All by himself,
too, no doubt.

Old 27-10-2004, 07:58 PM
Crashj

On or about Sun, 24 Oct 2004 22:27:24 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
wrote something like:

Ditto !

Dave

"Jim and Phyllis Hurley" wrote in message
| By all means find an appropriate political ng for your post.

Careful guys, this one is crossposted all to heck and gone.
None of which are political, by the way.
--
Crashj
Old 29-10-2004, 07:40 PM
Azul Funk

"Jim and Phyllis Hurley" wrote in message
. ..
Jerry,

This is a pond ng rather than a political one.

As a rule, this ng does not enter into OT discussions.

When we do, it tends to be with careful identification of an OT post and
without strident advocacy.

By all means find an appropriate political ng for your post.

I, for one, think that there is a certain validity to this discussion within
the context of the ng (in my case alt.fishing).

Now, I'm Canadian, so I won't be voting for either candidate. I have a
significant interest in the election as a gambling vehicle, but I digress.

It's important to remember, Jerry, that many of the roads that afford us
access to the nature that we enjoy so much were originally made and are
currently maintained by the forestry industry. Too often, nature lovers
misunderstand the place that logging has in the ecosystem of a forest. I
agree that the forestry industry has abused their privilege frequently, and
continue to do so. I would like to see that change as much as anyone here,
especially in regards to salmon spawning streams, but to think that the
choice you make in the voting booth on the presidential ticket will have a
lick of difference is as foolish as hoping to catch a whale in your local
trout pond.

It's not going to matter. Kerry, Bush. the same corporations will control
the forest as do now and I suspect that they will be subject to the same
checks and balances (or lack thereof) as they are now. Face it, we're
doomed.

Your best bet if you care about nature and harmful practices within it is to
be a keen observer and report any violations to the proper authorities. Keep
your camera close at hand.

A.Funk

Old 31-10-2004, 01:41 AM
Rodney

steve wrote:

They also like multiple pre-emptive and defensive measures taken
against Osama Bin Herron and Osama Bin Raccoon. Each one of my 30
goldfish are voting for Bush.

That might help off set the 9 out of 10 dead people who vote for that
goose killing Kerry

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 05:09 AM
matrix j

Long live STYROFOAM and DON'T recycle!

Old 01-11-2004, 05:09 AM
matrix j

Long live STYROFOAM and DON'T recycle!

Old 21-11-2004, 03:46 PM
Mike Z. Helm

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:40:32 GMT, "Azul Funk"

It's not going to matter. Kerry, Bush. the same corporations will control
the forest as do now and I suspect that they will be subject to the same
checks and balances (or lack thereof) as they are now. Face it, we're
doomed.

But based on their record (rhetoric vs. actions), Bush is much more
harmful to the environment. It's not that Kerry cares more about it -
it's that Bush cares more about the corporations.

It probably won't make a significant difference though.

Your best bet if you care about nature and harmful practices within it is to
be a keen observer and report any violations to the proper authorities.

But under Bush, the "violations" very often wouldn't be violations -
they'd be exemptions specifically granted to circumvent regulations.

Keep
your camera close at hand.

--
There's no way to delay that trouble comin' everyday
Old 21-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Gary

Each one of my 30
goldfish are voting for Bush.

Sorry, Steve, but my 30-some-odd goldfish all voted for Kerry, so I
guess our fish-votes basically cancelled each other out! Of course, I
bribed them with pieces of earthworms for voting my way!

To all --
See, we _can_ have some fun with this off-topic stuff. Let's try not
to be Nazi's about content purity of this ng and just take each post
for what it's worth. Can't do much about OT posts anyway, so we might
as well have a good time with it.

Gary