Old 20-11-2004, 02:02 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

In a message dated 11/19/2004 11:50:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

Can anyone throw some light on this species from his experience?

I have one that I have had here on the Space Coast for probably 15 years and
it is not much of a Bonsai. I bought it because of the flowers, but mine
hasn't flowered much either. It is sometimes called a Chinese Sweet Plum. It
want a lot of fertilizer and if you don't it turns very yellow. I use Osmocote
every month. I use a peat based soil rather than a fast draining bonsai soil.
It tends to send out long runs of growth. I think it may take almost daily
pruning attention much of the year. I killed one, I think I overwatered it. I
have a bunch of rooted cuttings I think came from a club raffle. Mostly they
are just vigorous sticks.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --