Old 21-11-2004, 11:37 PM
Aprill

Andrew Puddifer wrote:
With all due respect,

I agree that SOME city people use ridiculous amounts of water, I have
seen it. But by far the biggest wasters of water in large cities are
businesses.
But you have to consider that installing a tank in a surburban area is
not as easy as backing up that 32ft tray truck the tanks come in on,
hoisting it up with the Hiab crane and plonking it down into position. I
know that's how it's done in the country, but what do you do if you have
no access to the place you want the tank to go? Who pays for the crane
hire?

These days tanks can be brought in on a trailer. I'm building a house on
an acreage with no town water. A 96000 litre tank has just been installed.
The water container is a bladder and the colorbond ring arrives in
panels. Easy peasy, japanesey.. no cranes.. no rolling massive poly
tanks off the back of a truck.

cheerio...
aprill