Old 16-11-2004, 05:33 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Coffee" wrote in message
news:KpVkd.3443$4U1.2370@trndny05...
Just added a few fall pictures to my collection at webshots. It's so sad
closing up the pond. I can't wait for Spring!!
http://community.webshots.com/user/pbrown321

Two weeks ago, I sank the iris and some other plants in the main pond. I
took a few inside to try and overwinter them. I am now in "stay away from
the pond, so I don't freak out" mode. This time of year the pine needles
fall, the leaves fall, and the pond looks like hell. I stay away now until
next year.

Although I recently purchased a thermometer with a 10 foot lead, so I can
measure water temps all winter. I'll have to go back there again, I guess.

BV.