Old 23-11-2004, 07:52 PM
Radio Free America

(GraveDiggirl) wrote :

Radio Free America wrote in message
.13...
Where's the best place in Denver to buy the lowest cost organic compost
for the yard, by the dump truck load?

And someone to till it into our yard?

What's usually cheapest and best? Mushroom compost? Cow manure?

I prefer Pioneer Sand and Gravel. They have several compost mixes to
choose from. I wouldn't use manure. It has too high a risk of burning
the sod. They will probably be anywhere from $20 to $30 a cubic yard
and charge a $50-$55 delivery. Every little landscaping company in
town is desperate for work right now and you shouldn't have any
problem finding somebody to do it for you at a reasonable price
I prefer pioneer's biocomp mix, It is good stuff

Dig it Grave Girl, thanks.