Old 23-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Cereus-validus...

Not showing off, little one.

Just reminding you of some things you should already know.

If you can't speak the language, its better you be quiet and listen instead.
Otherwise, everyone will know you don't know Silene from Shinola.

BTW, the plant is probably Lychnis alba not a Silene.

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Sorry dear child, not all of us need to show off our knowledge of
horticultural syntax......

On 11/23/04 9:10 AM, in article
, "Cereus-validus..."
wrote:

"Looks like a campion to me! One of the Silene family."

Silene is a genus not a family.

The family is Caryophyllaceae.

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 11/23/04 7:27 AM, in article
, "Faye"
wrote:

wrote in message
Faye wrote:

I hope someone can help me. I used to have a ground cover that was
wondeful. It ha a flower a like this one
jyro.buffaloexploration.com/garden/images/White Bells 2_jpg.jpg.
Can anyone tell me what it is?

--
I'm sorry; I can't see it. I got a "malformed URL" error. Please

check
the
URL and I'll have another look.

Regards,

Atar

Enjoy reading about special plants from interesting parts of the

world
on my
blog at wildestdreamsofkew.blogspot.com

Here is the web site Atar

http://jyro.buffaloexploration.com/g...ls%202_jpg.htm

Sorry didn't mean to send the email, just following the prompts - I
thought. I'm new to this.

Looks like a campion to me! One of the Silene family.

Loved that one as a child!

Cheryl