Old 24-11-2004, 10:54 AM
Harvey

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 21:00:03 +1100, Andrew G wrote:

Hi Everyone,
Recently ran a virus scan and noticed how long it took to run through
all these particular files apparently located in the temporary internet
files folder under a folder called content.ie5. Content.ie5 does not
show up, even with "show all files" chosen. It can only be found and
accessed through a search/find files. It appears to hold content of web
files that would normally be found under temporary internet files, some
of these date back to 2002.
I tried to delete this folder (the content.ie5 one) but it says it's a
system file (or folder).
Anyone have any idea what this folder is for or would deleting it cause
a problem, especially considering it's not visible unless you search for
it. It might be worth adding that it's also located under the temp
folder, same name, but not as large in size, again only found through a
search. The only reason I knew it was there is I saw the location of it
during the virus scan.
Sorry for off topic and confusing.
Thanks for any advance.
Cheers
Andrew
wondering how many people after reading this are currently going to the
find files or folders and searching for content.ie5

One very easy solution to this problem its free, elegant and brilliant
call Linux, The Peoples OS

HTH