Old 24-11-2004, 10:13 AM
Duncan Heenan

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Aardvark
writes

Creatagus (Hawthorn) - spring flowers and berries in he autumn.
Sorbus spring flowers autumn berries and good leaf colour in the
autumn too.

Investigate Creatagus crus-gallii a lovely type of hawthorn, I think it's
common name is cock's spur, it has very large oval shiny leaves and white
flowers and thorns quite different to the normal hawthorn.
I have been looking for one
Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

I'd think twice about planting anything with thorns, spines or prickles. It
can lead to real maintenance problems later! Also it can lead to injuries
especially to bare feet walking under them in the summer.