Old 25-11-2004, 11:55 AM
jane

Default flowering cherry trees

My place of work is thinking of planting a cherry tree for their 20th
anniversary next year. It's June (couldn't be worse for tree planting)
and I'm advising that they get a tree now and put it in to establish
and do a mock planting/plaque unveiling at the right time.

However, the variety is going to be fun to choose! Do any of you know
of a spectacular flowering cherry they can recommend for sticking in a
grassed area which spends half the summer baking in full sun and half
the winter being damp?

(I'm going to be working on them to change the location as it's a
non-gardener that picked it!!)

--
jane

Mark Twain