Old 25-11-2004, 12:02 PM
Dwayne

That is the secret. A friend of mine piles up the cow poo all year, then in
the fall mixes it up with dirt and leaves it another year. Anything going
to sprout will have done it and died by then and you can use it will no
problems.

Dwayne

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Mike Lyle" wrote after...
Bob Hobden wrote:

Swan poo works a treat too (our allotments are right next door to

the
Egham Swan Sanctuary).

Aren't turkey droppings too strong even for potatoes until they've
been composted? I know swans have a different diet, but what about
them, too?

It's always at least a year old and includes the rotted straw/sawdust that
was the flooring. The sawdust will take out some of the nitrogen in
rotting, makes excellent soil improver for our silt/clay.

--
Regards
Bob