Old 25-11-2004, 02:48 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Peter Crosland" contains these words:

I've been meaning to take the RAE for ages. Having in my comparative
yoof passed the Royal Signals' exam and got the crossed flags for
something like an extra half-crown a week, I learnt morse and could
receive and send at 15 WPM.

Sadly, when I came to read some at our local Amateur Rajo Club, I could
hardly sort out a single letter at 10 WPM. Nor at 5 WPM.

Morse is no longer a requirement to obtain a UK amateur radio licence.

I know - but I'm an old Luddite. I *LIKE* CW. One of the NARC members
manages over 36 WPM - sounds like flippin' RTTY...

Logging for him on field days is a nightmare.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/