Old 25-11-2004, 08:59 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Mike Lyle wrote:

A Luddite on the Internet. Can you give me a year or two to get my
head round that, please?

Eh? I am a one of the most notorious Luddites around, and don't trust
anything with electronics in. I have been in computing since 1966,
and have been an expert on various bleeding-edge aspects for a lot of
that time. I am, if anything, slightly less of a Luddite than the
eminent Professor Wheeler, one of the architects of modern computers,
one of the people who built Edsac I in 1948, incredibly influential
ever since, and possibly the inventor of the subroutine.

Look, mate, it's because we KNOW about these monstrosities that we
are Luddites. It's only people who don't who trust the damn things.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.