Old 26-11-2004, 09:33 AM
bnd777

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Glen" wrote in message

Hi,

I have just bought a second hand can-o-worms and put the worms in

the
second layer from the bottom along with a small amount of veg.
peelings.
Most of the worms have gone to very bottom level where there is no
food!

Is this alright?
Have I put the initial worms and food on the correct level?

Thanks for any replies.

You forgot to teach them their table mannes first.

Franz

You need to put a layer of peat or similar in the 2nd tray then add the

worms and add the peelings .....in this kind of weather the worms wont be
that active unless you can site the canoworms in a warm shed or greehouse
You will find they will all huddle together in the cold