Old 25-11-2004, 10:03 PM
Registered User

Default Can-o-worms wormery

Hi,

I have just bought a second hand can-o-worms and put the worms in the second layer from the bottom along with a small amount of veg. peelings.
Most of the worms have gone to very bottom level where there is no food!

Is this alright?
Have I put the initial worms and food on the correct level?

Thanks for any replies.
Old 26-11-2004, 06:49 AM
Franz Heymann

"Glen" wrote in message

Hi,

I have just bought a second hand can-o-worms and put the worms in

the
second layer from the bottom along with a small amount of veg.
peelings.
Most of the worms have gone to very bottom level where there is no
food!

Is this alright?
Have I put the initial worms and food on the correct level?

Thanks for any replies.

You forgot to teach them their table mannes first.

Franz

Old 26-11-2004, 09:33 AM
bnd777

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Glen" wrote in message

Hi,

I have just bought a second hand can-o-worms and put the worms in

the
second layer from the bottom along with a small amount of veg.
peelings.
Most of the worms have gone to very bottom level where there is no
food!

Is this alright?
Have I put the initial worms and food on the correct level?

Thanks for any replies.

You forgot to teach them their table mannes first.

Franz

You need to put a layer of peat or similar in the 2nd tray then add the

worms and add the peelings .....in this kind of weather the worms wont be
that active unless you can site the canoworms in a warm shed or greehouse
You will find they will all huddle together in the cold

Old 26-11-2004, 09:38 AM
Oxymel of Squill

What have you put in the bottom layer?

C-O-W comes new with a pad of fleecy stuff you put on the bottom tray (ie
not the bit that collects the liquid), then the worms, then the food. They
eat their way upwards. They also eat the fleece, which is why you didn't get
any. I'd put layers of newspaper (and they like egg boxes) in instead, and
perhaps a layer of soil because we're coming up to winter. Worms burrow down
into the earth to keep warm, but they can't in a COW. If the COW is exposed
you might put a layer of bubble wrap round it when the frosts come.

There's a website where they'll answer your questions
http://www.wigglywigglers.co.uk/

Jon

--
Glen

Dog Worms: Understand Dog Worms Symptoms and Infestation brahimbb17 Gardening 0 10-12-2008 12:17 PM
"Army Worms", "Bag Worms", ?? Chrissie Texas 0 22-06-2007 06:13 AM
how to make a wormery teapot United Kingdom 0 15-01-2003 08:30 PM
Wormery Pauline Jones United Kingdom 6 13-11-2002 11:09 PM
Any Wormery recs? Jaffacake United Kingdom 0 19-10-2002 07:59 PM