Old 09-02-2003, 05:27 PM
Ray @ First Rays Orchids

Default Question for Ray!

Claude,

I would hazard a reasonably educated guess that the cold shock - probably
coupled with low humidity - was indeed what has caused the bud blast.

If it needs to be repotted, then go ahead. If not, don't, as that will just
stress the plant even more.

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

"Claude" wrote in message
hello Ray!

Remenber, earlier this week, i was wonderind about my 2 spikes, 10 buds
green flower Phal !!

So, when I woke up this am, all buds were wrinkly, soft and yellowish.

Even
one leaf has started to yellowish from the center and another one has a
yellow stain on the edge.
I cut the spikes, at the third knot, but what should I do next...

When I bought it, it was very cold outside. Could it be the cold that

causes
the buds to died. They have been exposed to cold for few minutes, the time

get intomy car!

Now, what next? Should I cut the leaf who started to get yellow from the
center.
I had started to put all my phal on semi-hydroponic culture. Should I

repot
this one?

Thanks

Claude