Old 28-11-2004, 11:06 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Allotment holders beware

I have read an article in the Spectator today 27th Nov 2004 where someone
on her way to meet some Corporate Lawyers in London was arrested, treated
rather unprofessionally, and locked up for hours for having a Swiss Army
Multitool in their briefcase which they were carrying in their car.
This commonplace tool has a locking blade and it made me wonder about the
sharp kitchen knife (fixed blade) we use for cutting veg on our allotment.
Now with our allotments being subject to constant raids by villains we use a
Landrover 90 van and carry our tools, including the knife, with us.
We must therefore be open to arrest at any time whilst in the Landy, which
also contains hammers, seceuters, various sharp gardening tools.......and I
bet we aren't the only allotment folk that carry such things.
How the hell are we supposed to cut veg on our allotments if we can't carry
a decent knife?

--
Regards
Bob