Old 29-11-2004, 04:05 PM
Mike

Sorry for going ot here, but i've been thinking about spring (it's the
only thing that's keeping me going through this particularly wet and
minging scottish winter). Does anyone know if birds like tumble drier
fluff for nesting material, or is it in any way bad for them (because
of detergent chemicals etc)? It may seem a rather daft thing to worry
about but

When I was the 'househusband' when Joan was working, I collected all of the
Drier Fluff, made it into a ball and suspended it in an old net which fruit
comes in, and hung it up for them to peck out for their nest
building/lining.

Totally ignored and when it rained it turned into a soggy mess.

Don't bother now.

Mike