Old 29-11-2004, 05:28 PM
FardinA

Default Cutting grass in late fall

Hi there,
I have laid my sod in mid-August here in Canada where winter usually
starts around end October.
My lawn has started to turn browinsh since a month ago, and I think
it's pretty normal (Cold weather has started). Most of my neighbors'
grass are almost the same as mine. But two of my neighbourss grass is
still green. Theirs have some brownish patches, but not that much mine
has.
Do you have any idea why? First thing has come to my mind was that he
might use different type of grass. But I think all the sod retailers
use the same type of grass all over the city I am living. By the way,
the two neighbors laid their so by end of September. Their grasses has
not even reached to that height so they can cut it.
Another question I have is about cutting my grass. My grass height is
something close to 3 inches,and most of it s brown. Should I cut the
grass so I can avoid the snow moles later on? Or just leave the grass
as is? There is not snow yet, and Temperature ussually stays between 2
and -7 C.

thanks