Old 30-11-2004, 12:56 PM
Peter Parker

In article ,
Srgnt Billko wrote:

"Steveo" wrote in message
(Peter Parker) wrote:
HomieDepot is selling this chain saw for $79.99. Mcculloch
has been around since the early 1900s so I am thinking they
should know what they are doing. They did buy a Taiwan OEM
so I guess it's getting made over there or Mexico.

For $80 new, I'd buy it as a throw away.

That's my style. I must have 5 or 6 of them (various sizes) - and at least
3 of them still in regular operation. Also have a Mac weed wacker but can't
find a new spool for it. Thought Mac was gone forever.

Nope. Mac is here to stay.

http://www.inside-woodworking.com/ch...hain-saws.html

McCulloch well known for a
wide range of electric and gas
driven chain saws, was founded
in 1943 by Robert McCulloch in
Milwaukee, Wisconsin under
the original name of McCulloch Motors Corporation. Moving the company to
California, Robert McCulloch moved the company to California, where the first
McCulloch chain saws, the 5-49, was manufactured in 1948.

The 5-49 two-man mcculloch chain saws offered a winning combination of lighter
weight and more horsepower than any competitive two-man chain saw on the market.
Followed by the first one-man mcculloch chain saws, a truly remarkable product that
revolutionized the entire industry. The introduction of a chain saws that could easily be
handled by a single person opened the door to new markets for Mcculloch.

In 1958, the company name was changed to McCulloch Corporation. In 1968,
McCulloch introduced the Power Mac 6; weighing only 8.5 pounds fully fueled; it was
the world's lightest chain saw. The affordable Mini Mac 1, introducedin 1972 opened the
chain saws market to the casual user. Electric McCulloch chain saws were introduced in
1972 while gas powered string trimmers, hedge trimmersand blowers were added to
McCulloch's product line up in the 1980s. McCulloch moved to Tucson, Arizona in
1988 where it opened corporate headquarters and a distribution facility. In October 1999,
McCulloch's North American operation was purchased by Jenn Feng Industrial Co., Ltd
, a Taiwan based manufacturer.

--
Jeeps and dubs and everything's nice...