Old 26-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Bonnie

bk wrote:
We have a Beckett pump and Tetra PF3 filter. The pump runs like a champ, but
allows debris to pass thru. Unfortunitly the filter catches this stuff
before it passes intot he actual filter. This causes clogging and a great
reduction of flow rate. I'm cleaning the filter connection at least once a
week. I need a way to prefilter the pump. This pump is about a 1200 gpm.

A simple prefilter - take two slotted baskets and use zip
ties to form a hinge. Cut a hole in the baskets for the
tubing and the power cord. Line the baskets with blue
furnace filter (from WalMart) and put the filter in the
center of this close and use another ziptie as a closure.

--
Bonnie
NJ