Old 26-11-2004, 10:33 PM
Barbara2245

"bk" wrote in message ...
We have a Beckett pump and Tetra PF3 filter. The pump runs like a champ, but
allows debris to pass thru. Unfortunitly the filter catches this stuff
before it passes intot he actual filter. This causes clogging and a great
reduction of flow rate. I'm cleaning the filter connection at least once a
week. I need a way to prefilter the pump. This pump is about a 1200 gpm.

Claude I hope the pump you describe is not a sump pump which is very
costly to run. My pump is prefiltered in two baskets clamshelled
together, lined with Walmart's trimable blue furnace filter and the
pump is enclosed in a bag made of fiberglas window screen. This
contraption sits on a cement block in the center of the pond. I use
the handle of a broken hoe to lift it out for cleaning. Having the
pump off the bottom avoids accidentally draining the pond.
Happy water gardening.