Old 27-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Marty Haber

Dusty -
If you have a vase or pot which would be suitable for bonsai except for not
having a drainage hole, here's a procedure which you can use:
First, drill a tiny hole with your smallest size bit. Next, take an ice
pick and gently tap around the hole to make it larger. When you've gotten
to the point where it's almost large enough, you will find that some
chipping has occured. Take a rat file ( small round file) and rub the edges
of the hole until smooth. I've done dozens of holes like that and have lost
only one or two pots.