Old 26-11-2004, 02:32 PM
Iris Cohen

Iris . . . try www.bonsaimonk.com BRBR

Thanks. They have a couple of pots I can use, but the minimum order is $25.
I'll have to see what else they have.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." Yogi Berra
Old 26-11-2004, 03:44 PM
Mike Gratton

I second Jim's comment. Especially since I cannot get away from the Monastery without spending $150-200. This is the cost, and the joy, of living within driving distance of a great selection of pots! I was just there on Wednesday, and only a driving rain kept me from spending more!!!!

Mike
Alpharetta, GA

On 26 Nov 2004 at 14:32, Iris Cohen wrote:

Iris . . . try www.bonsaimonk.com

Thanks. They have a couple of pots I can use, but the minimum order is $25.
I'll have to see what else they have.
Iris,

OK. But I have a hard time imagining being able to spend _less_
than $25 on a decent pot in any event.

Jim "you gets what you pays for" Lewis - Tallahassee, FL

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 26-11-2004, 11:00 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

The true Bonsai Artist never has enough money or empty pots. That is what I tell my wife.

Billy

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 27-11-2004, 02:51 AM
Nicolas Steenhout

Iris - why not go to the pottery forum on the IBC website and explain
what you're looking for? Many of the posters there are potters, and
one might have the perfect pot for your quince on a shelf somewhere
even now. Or, could custom-make one to suit?

I must second Anita's suggestion. I've purchased pots from Dale Cochoy,
Horst Heinzlreiter (sp?), and Luis Fontanils, and have been very happy with
them. Horst and Dale both made custom pots for me, both of them were a
highly satisfying experience. And they are affordable, even considering
shipping to the US from Europe in Horst's case.

Just my two devaluated kiwi cents

Nic

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 27-11-2004, 11:45 AM
William Valavanis

Default [IBC] Cascade Pot

Iris:

Today at the Grandview Bonsai Exhibition in Japan I found two suitable
pots for your chojubai. If you remind me I'll bring them to our club's
Holiday Party in December, I'll be back home by then.

Bill

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 27-11-2004, 01:05 PM
Steven Wachs

Ebay is the place to look. Tat is where I find all my pots It changes
everyday so I check it out once a week.

SteveW
Long Island NY

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 27-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Dusty G

We have a couple potters around here so I asked one who wasn't too sure
about cascade pots till I picked up a beautiful round vase about 8" tall
and told her these with a hole in the bottom would be perfect. She is now
going to make me several different sizes & charge like they were cups &
vases. Try small pottery shops near you.

Dusty
-----------------------------
Walk in Beauty

Traditional Facets
Gemstone Cutting, Jewelry, Chinese & European Writing Sets, Glass Pens
Author of the Rendezvous Cooking series, Birthstones Through the Ages
Dusty G. Panther Tent Dealer
-----------------------------

Old 27-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Marty Haber

Dusty -
If you have a vase or pot which would be suitable for bonsai except for not
having a drainage hole, here's a procedure which you can use:
First, drill a tiny hole with your smallest size bit. Next, take an ice
pick and gently tap around the hole to make it larger. When you've gotten
to the point where it's almost large enough, you will find that some
chipping has occured. Take a rat file ( small round file) and rub the edges
of the hole until smooth. I've done dozens of holes like that and have lost
only one or two pots.