Old 01-12-2004, 10:00 PM
William Brown

My wife likes to use
http://forestry.about.com/library/treekey/bltree_key_id_start.htm

Jim Carlock wrote:
I've got some other questions too... anyone know where there
is a site that might give a list of the terms used to describe
leaves? I know some leaves grow three at a time and some
grow on opposing stems and I'm ignorant when it comes to
the terms used to describe such leaves.

Thanks.

--
Jim Carlock
Post replies to newsgroup.

"Jim Carlock" wrote:
There are two of these things that started growing in a small
pot (pot is about 6 in. x 8 in. diameter/height).

http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images...n/unk14053.jpg
http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images...n/unk14055.jpg

There's a third plant that started growing in the pot as well
that I think is a some kind of Florida weed, but these are
the ones that I'd like to identify right at the moment. I don't
see them anywhere else anywhere.

The plants are 4 inches high by 6 inches in diameter.

The leaves feel rubbery and grow out from the center in all
directions. Could these be small pineapples just starting out?

I don't remember planting any pineapple seeds, and I don't
even know what a pineapple seed looks like. Probably just
another Florida weed...

--
Jim Carlock
Post replies to newsgroup.