Old 02-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Frogleg

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 16:18:46 GMT, "Jim Carlock"
wrote:

Well, the mention of lily... I recalled putting a bulb into the
bottom of one of these pots over the summer, I dug it up
a couple times over the next month or two because I've
quite a few of these pots and I've just planted seeds here
and there in each and am waiting to be surprised.

You will considerably reduce the possibility of *anything* growing if
you keep digging things up. Put a label in/on the pot.

Could one bulb result in two clusters like that?

Yes.

One of
the day-lily pics I found on Google look pretty close to
the current arrangement.

http://mgonline.com/daylily01.jpg

That picture is not a daylily (Hemerocallis), but of an Asiatic lily
(lilium). Neither have leaves like those in your photo. Yours looked
more like an Amaryllis or Hippeastrum. Wait 'til it blooms, and then
post photo.

More words... rosette and whorl. Both seem to describe the
leaves on this. Acuminate as well.

Try this:

http://www.botany.com/index.16.htm

http://www.lucidcentral.org/keys/app.../glossary.html

(Why are you looking at a glossary of aquarium plants for a
terrestrial bulb?)