Old 03-12-2004, 07:35 AM
Chookie

In article ,
len gardener wrote:

i'm starting to harvest my garlic as the plants die off might have to
harvest some when still a little green as we have more rain so far
this year and losing some cloves to rot so is it ok to harvest when
tops not totally dead?

IIRC you twist the tops over in Nov to encourage them to die down faster.

now most of this years crop is immature corms originally planted form
flower head corms etc.,. but need another season in the ground, so how
do i store them to keep them viable for next march at earliest but may
is the best month?

In the usual way -- braided, in a cool dry place. Make sure they are dry
before braiding, or they'll rot.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet