Old 03-12-2004, 04:36 PM
William W. Plummer

uvdoc wrote:
hi I have a B & S 10hp and it was running great older model like 1988
craftsman riding mower and cant get it to fire and firing good and I put new
plug in it and checked all the wires but nothing now anyone have a idea what
else it could be thanks Jim

Anything like this causes me to rebuild the carburetor. You can buy a
kit with replacements for all the jets and gaskets, but the only one
that matters is the large gasket that separates the two major parts of
the carb. It has the accelerator pump diaphragm on it. It takes about
a half hour and no special tools are needed.