Old 04-12-2004, 12:00 PM
Dwayne

Good morning Len,

We had the same problem when we lived in Arkansas. One of my friends showed
me how he got around that problem. He built a "border" 8 ft by 8 ft and
about 1 ft tall. Then he filled it with the richest dirt he could get,
mixed with compost and potting soil he bought. Then he planted his onions
and garlic there (a raised garden). When it rained, the water would seep
down and out of the box and his "goodies" were all OK. He had heart
problems and that was easier than having to dig it up or plow it every year.
It seemed that the potting soil kept the dirt very easy to work with.

Dwayne

"len gardener" wrote in message
thanks chookie & dwaybe,

yes i've seen it platted many times too, got the jist now for me i'll
be using an onoin bag.

dwayne can't leave it in the ground here this summer is going to be
too wet.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

"in the end ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do" but consider others and the
environment

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before
you send.