Old 05-12-2004, 10:12 PM
Franz Heymann

"Ian Cundell" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Hill" wrote:

Rafal wrote."..I cut a couple of low branches off my multi-stem

Silver Birch
To my consternation, nobody seems to have told the tree it is

December and
it is bleeding.
b) Any ideas what to do?.........."

Get yourself a bucket, catch the sap and make "Birch Wine"
Birch Wine. ... Ingredients. 1 gallon birch sap; 4 1/2 cups

granulated
sugar; 2 oranges or 1 lemon, sliced thin; campden tablets; 1

package wine
yeast. ...

--
David Hill

www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

Heh. Getting a gallon of the stuff might be a challenge.

It is collected by a similar technique to that used to tap a rubber
tree.
You would need to have access to two or three trees to collect a
gallon.

(who's Rafal?)

"Noah's Ark is a problem...We'll have to
call it early quantum state phenomenon--
Only way to fit five-thousand species of
mammal on the same boat"

Only if they are bosons.

Franz