Old 06-12-2004, 02:56 AM
timothy

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 17:49:23 -0800, Ben wrote:

I believe McCullough is out of business. I have used one of those
saws for many years and it has been fine. Near Boston they want $6.50
to sharpen blades, however.

Get the Dremel adaptor and do it yourself in minutes for pennies.

I'm leery of using anything motorized, even a Dremel. My father always
used a file, flat ******* follwed by a mill, anything motorized might heat
up the metal too much and cause the blade to lose temper won't it? I've
only used a grinder (4") on a 8' bush hog, which still took an hour.

Ben

They do make rather easy to use guides for sharpening. A five dollar guide
with a three dollar file and five mineuts of time... bada bing, sharp
teeth. Here's some pages that speak to this sharpening method:
http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles/brewer57.htm
http://www.logosol.com/filingtips.html