Old 04-12-2004, 03:04 PM
Theo

Thanks Jim

Jim Lewis wrote:

On 4 Dec 2004 at 8:09, Theo wrote:

HI Jim
I have to as y question I had two woinderful huge sakura cherry 30
yadsa far from home and bot dried out 3 years ago
at my great regret as I never thought to make cuttings...
wdo you know or does anyone else know teh best period for cuttings for
Sakura Cherry and for most plants ?
thanks

(Please remember to snip!)

In MY experience members of the genus Prunus are fairly
difficult to root from cuttings. Seeds need a sizeable cold
dormancy.) Cuttings need a stronger rooting hormone that most
of us can find in the garden shops, or if we can find it really
justify its purchase since we'll use it so seldom and it has a
VERY short shelf life. I certainly would not attempt a large
cutting, in any case.

That said, as with all/many/most cuttings, spring is the best
time to try.

Jim Lewis - - This economy is a wholly
owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord Nelson

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

--