Old 06-12-2004, 05:57 PM
Warren

I use Google as a way to get access to newsgroup. Normally, when I want
to get access to the sub-groups under rec.garden, I simply click at
the
links to sub-groups shown in rec.garden page. Unfortunately, they seem
to have changed the news-group user-interface significantly. Now, I
don't know where to reach the sub-groups any more. How I can get back
to the links to sub-groups?

Try this link:
http://groups-beta.google.com/groups...s&prev=gardens

I don't like the changes they made, but then again I have a decade of
Usenet use under my skin. The organization of Usenet makes sense to me.
But on the other hand, the Internet now reaches people who don't always
think in the same way. The new Google interface probably makes things
more accessible to those folks.

I still see "beta" in the url, so maybe it won't go forward like that.
But if it does, I'd recommend using a nntp client, and forget about the
web interface unless you need to search archives.

BTW... the real hierarchy is rec.gardenS with an "s".

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
See the Christmas Lights: