Old 07-12-2004, 01:58 PM
J Fortuna

Bob,

If you leave the keikies on, if they look like they might not be getting
enough water from the mother plant, you can attach some moss to the keikie
roots using a net of some sort -- I think I have seen the suggestion of
using women's pantyhose for this purpose, or some other kind of netting, it
might be a challenge to do it so that it looks aesthetically pleasing. This
way you could water the keikies and they would retain a bit more water
around their roots. This is a good idea if the keikie roots seem to dry out
and if the keikie leaves are not firm enough, signs of not enough water. Of
course, if you think that the keikies are not receiving enough water, then
separating them from the mother plant would be the way to go after all. I
would only leave the keikies on the mother plant if all the plants continue
to look healthy.

Best,
Joanna

"Drbob92031" wrote in message
Hi again Joanna:

Has the mother plant grown any
new leaves of its own recently (not keikie leaves, but leaves coming from
the center top of the mother plant's crown)?
Yes,so I will not cut off the flower spike,which in any case I am

loathe to
do.
I think I will just wait and see what transpires. The flower spike is

growing
in leaps and bounds.
Thanks for all the trouble you are going through to resolve my concerns. I

ont
think I worried this much when my son was little.
Bob