Old 07-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Hal

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 19:59:38 -0600, rider wrote:

Wondering if anyone has any good info, site or other regarding the
specifics of the different koi types? ie: breeding, sizes,
hardyness, popularity, sellability, etc.

I'd start he http://www.akca.org/ Then join a club, subscribe to
magazines and follow the competitions/shows, that is where the
standards/prices are set. I hope you enjoy the experience.

Personally I have 4 koi and a slug of shubunkin descendants, some nice
color here and there, but nothing in my pond is worth $25. They
aren't for sale anyway. Yesterday I probably fed Dirty Face out of
my hand the last time this year, but that was one of my more exciting
moments of the day. I really look forward to warm weather again.

Regards,

Hal