Old 07-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Crashj

On or about Mon, 06 Dec 2004 18:27:06 GMT, "Newbie Bill"
wrote something like:

Hi all-
I have a few questions about babies.

So - where do you think they came from and what is their chance of survival?

Well, Bill, when a mommie fish sees a daddie fish and she really likes
him she will let him . . .

Seriously, it is just an indication that your pond came to a good
natural balance quickly. I had over 1000 baby rosies appear around
August. The water temp is now down to 38*F and there are 50-100 still
alive. You can't save them all.
Generally speaking our pet fish stock will not breed true, but there
is no harm done if you put a couple in a tank over Winter and see what
is pond-ready in the Spring.
--
Crashj