Old 07-12-2004, 11:17 PM
Jim Lewis

On 7 Dec 2004 at 19:42, Craig Cowing wrote:

autiger wrote:

hey all:
i saw ppl discussing about annealingin this group. wondering whether
I coud get some information on:

1. various techniques for strain annealing.
2. Any material on strain annealing using ultrasound.

my target is mainly on BCC metals. But would kindly accept any material
relating to this topic.
Please atleast let me know where i canfind related materials.

Thanks!!

I don't know what strain annealing or BCC materials are, but to anneal copper wire
I throw it in a fire, let it get really hot, and if I feel like it I'll fish it out
and dunk it in water. Or, if I'm lazy I'll let it stay in the fire until it dies
out. Either way works.

This guy searched the newsgroups for "annealing" and we came up
-- probably along with a number of other newsgroups He
probably sent this message to all of them without further
research, thus probably annoying all sorts of people.

I too have no idea (or interest in) what BCC metals are, but I'd
guess we can't help him.

If, perchance, you can PLEASE DO IT OFF LIST!

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++