Old 07-12-2004, 08:58 PM
autiger

Default annealing techniques

hey all:
i saw ppl discussing about annealingin this group. wondering whether
I coud get some information on:

1. various techniques for strain annealing.
2. Any material on strain annealing using ultrasound.

my target is mainly on BCC metals. But would kindly accept any material
relating to this topic.
Please atleast let me know where i canfind related materials.

Thanks!!

Old 07-12-2004, 11:02 PM
Craig Cowing

autiger wrote:

hey all:
i saw ppl discussing about annealingin this group. wondering whether
I coud get some information on:

1. various techniques for strain annealing.
2. Any material on strain annealing using ultrasound.

my target is mainly on BCC metals. But would kindly accept any material
relating to this topic.
Please atleast let me know where i canfind related materials.

Thanks!!

I don't know what strain annealing or BCC materials are, but to anneal copper wire
I throw it in a fire, let it get really hot, and if I feel like it I'll fish it out
and dunk it in water. Or, if I'm lazy I'll let it stay in the fire until it dies
out. Either way works.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 07-12-2004, 11:17 PM
Jim Lewis

On 7 Dec 2004 at 19:42, Craig Cowing wrote:

autiger wrote:

hey all:
i saw ppl discussing about annealingin this group. wondering whether
I coud get some information on:

1. various techniques for strain annealing.
2. Any material on strain annealing using ultrasound.

my target is mainly on BCC metals. But would kindly accept any material
relating to this topic.
Please atleast let me know where i canfind related materials.

Thanks!!

I don't know what strain annealing or BCC materials are, but to anneal copper wire
I throw it in a fire, let it get really hot, and if I feel like it I'll fish it out
and dunk it in water. Or, if I'm lazy I'll let it stay in the fire until it dies
out. Either way works.

This guy searched the newsgroups for "annealing" and we came up
-- probably along with a number of other newsgroups He
probably sent this message to all of them without further
research, thus probably annoying all sorts of people.

I too have no idea (or interest in) what BCC metals are, but I'd
guess we can't help him.

If, perchance, you can PLEASE DO IT OFF LIST!

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 08-12-2004, 03:37 AM
MartyWeiser

I agree with Jim about the way that the original poster found the group and
how he sent to multiple groups. However, Jim is probably a bit interested
in BCC metals since this is a key concern in making nice cutting tools like
we use in bonsai. Thankfully, most bonsai folks can not worry about it.
For those that are interested, there are a couple of articles I wrote on
www.evergreengardenworks.com. Hopefully, the end of the thread.

Marty

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 08-12-2004, 06:01 AM
autiger

Sorry ppl. Didn't know that this group's purpose was so differnt from
my enquiry. I would like to apoligize if this would have wasted some
people's time. And FYI, that was not a general message sent to all
groups. (though still i donno what BONSAI is??)

RV