Old 08-12-2004, 05:03 PM
caparazon caparazon is offline
Registered User

Default Any root therapy?

Hello,
I am new to this forum, I live in Southern Spain, and the reason for me to register and intervene is to ask for some help regarding the following:
I have found two Cymbidium plants at a relative's house. They were pot planted into a heavily wet compost for normal plants (by then I knew that Orchids cannot stand normal compost and that they are potted in fir bark soils mixtures or similar). Therefore a have repotted them into an appropiate soil in two pots.
The two plants do not have flowers at the moment and are showing green well formed top to bottom leaves that seem to indicate that they are reletively healthy...but when it came for me to inspect the roots, I found out that , they were a complete disaster, specially in one of them: most of the roots destroyed, very white, and easy to break when they are simply touched. Is there any method to save this plants?