Old 09-12-2004, 07:52 PM
Cereus-validus...

CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL lyrics - "Who'll Stop The Rain"

(J. Fogerty)

Long as I remember The rain been comin' down.
Clouds of myst'ry pourin' Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Tryin' to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.
I went down Virginia, Seekin' shelter from the storm.
Caught up in the fable, I watched the tower grow.
Five year plans and new deals, Wrapped in golden chains.
And I wonder, Still I wonder Who'll stop the rain.

Heard the singers playin', How we cheered for more.
The crowd had rushed together, Tryin' to keep warm.
Still the rain kept pourin', Fallin' on my ears.
And I wonder, Still I wonder Who'll stop the rain.

"madgardener" wrote in message ...
after one day of reprieve, it's raining again in Eastern Tennessee. Over two and a half inches so far.......good thing it's not cold enough, or we'd have over a foot of snow by now!!!! The burgundy colors of the Oak Leaf hydrangea inspired me to get out the huge umbrella my daughter gifted me with (perfect for taking pictures in the rain!!) and take a few pictures of the December fairy beds. I happened across a sweet little lavender pastel Achillea in doing so and took her picture. Then captured variegated Arum leaves drenched, burgundy Oak Leaf hydrangea leaves glistening in the partial light, and discovered my old fashioned Bridal bouquet spirea still has her leaves. little titmouse birds flew around me as I knelt and pulled out huge pawlonia leaves from the holding trench of the BBQ fountain to allow the frogs a little breathing space and possible surviving goldfish if they're still in there.......the parrots feather is growing like a weed, I hope it is perennial thru winter and returns for me!
the rains are pouring down and it's cold, so off to work with me. Anyone wanting a better image, give me a holler and I'll send you the JPG or maybe I'll just post them on alt.bianaries.gardens.com.........
madgardener up on the soggy and rainy ridge, back in Fairy Holler, overlooking cloudy English Mountian, in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36