Old 09-12-2004, 07:45 PM
madgardener

Default and the rains continue...........................

after one day of reprieve, it's raining again in Eastern Tennessee. Over two and a half inches so far.......good thing it's not cold enough, or we'd have over a foot of snow by now!!!! The burgundy colors of the Oak Leaf hydrangea inspired me to get out the huge umbrella my daughter gifted me with (perfect for taking pictures in the rain!!) and take a few pictures of the December fairy beds. I happened across a sweet little lavender pastel Achillea in doing so and took her picture. Then captured variegated Arum leaves drenched, burgundy Oak Leaf hydrangea leaves glistening in the partial light, and discovered my old fashioned Bridal bouquet spirea still has her leaves. little titmouse birds flew around me as I knelt and pulled out huge pawlonia leaves from the holding trench of the BBQ fountain to allow the frogs a little breathing space and possible surviving goldfish if they're still in there.......the parrots feather is growing like a weed, I hope it is perennial thru winter and returns for me!
the rains are pouring down and it's cold, so off to work with me. Anyone wanting a better image, give me a holler and I'll send you the JPG or maybe I'll just post them on alt.bianaries.gardens.com.........
madgardener up on the soggy and rainy ridge, back in Fairy Holler, overlooking cloudy English Mountian, in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36
Old 09-12-2004, 07:52 PM
Cereus-validus...

CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL lyrics - "Who'll Stop The Rain"

(J. Fogerty)

Long as I remember The rain been comin' down.
Clouds of myst'ry pourin' Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Tryin' to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.
I went down Virginia, Seekin' shelter from the storm.
Caught up in the fable, I watched the tower grow.
Five year plans and new deals, Wrapped in golden chains.
And I wonder, Still I wonder Who'll stop the rain.

Heard the singers playin', How we cheered for more.
The crowd had rushed together, Tryin' to keep warm.
Still the rain kept pourin', Fallin' on my ears.

Old 09-12-2004, 09:34 PM
Callen Molenda

Ahh, two of my favorites in the same post. Almost makes this bloody rain
worth it.

Callen, wet and muddy in Central VA
m...

Old 10-12-2004, 04:33 AM
madgardener

And NOW we have pea soup fog!! Visibilty is zero coming home tonight, and I seem to remember this kinda weather 1992 just before the Blizzard of '93. Better get out the John boat................gbseg

Riders on the storm........(thanks for the werds to CCR........g)

Old 10-12-2004, 04:40 AM
madgardener

Thanks Callen! better break out the John boat.....water's standin'
everywhere, little flash flood creeks and streams are everywhere, and coming
home tonight was nerve racking as the visibility was zero........last time I
remember this kinda weather and fog like this was 1992 and come true winter,
Mom's Nature slapped the hellouta us with the blizzard of '93. (I'm from
Tennessee 95% of my life and I ain't NEVER seen 4 foot of snow with drifts
over 5 foot......but I did in White Pine, Tennessee 1993..........no power
for two weeks, no heat, thank goodness the snow insulated the old farm house
we were renting, and we had just filled the kerosene jugs, and I learned to
melt snow to flush the toilet with, and remembered how bloody cold a
waterbed can get. We wound up sleeping on a pallet on the floor. (can't
flush when there is no power to operate the well.......) John discovered
there was nothing I wouldn't do.....meaning I made myself a nice little snow
outhouse up the steep hillside in the trees above the house....he thought I
was insane, but it worked! gbseg
hope all is well with youse.
tired and stressed from work is all, and I still have nine more Blue Eyed
muscari to plant somewhere
madgardener

Old 10-12-2004, 05:42 AM
MLEBLANCA

after one day of reprieve, it's raining again in Eastern Tennessee. Over =
two and a half inches so far.......good thing it's not cold enough, or =
we'd have over a foot of snow by now!!!!

Our rains have stopped! And today was glorious!
Last week was very cold with heavy frost for 5 days, then rain and wind up to
40 mph. Paradise, up on the ridge, got SEVEN
inches of rain. Chester in the mountains received 17 inches of snow........down
here in the Valley, we had 3 inches of rain.
But today was clear, sunny and about 60
degrees!
I raked up the leaves.
Pruned the Mimosa stump.
Cleaned and refilled birdfeeders.
Hung the clothes on the clothesline.
Swept the patio.
Cut off the frosted canna stalks.
Sat in the sunshine and watched the birds.
And then I found the lovely China LIly in bloom.
The day ended with me tired, and an absolutely spectacular sunset.

Emilie, Norcal
(tomorrow will probably be foggy, but what the heck, today was great)

Old 10-12-2004, 01:35 PM
madgardener

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for sharing!! (always nice to hear from another
gardener in another corner of the neighborhood g
maddie

=