Old 06-12-2004, 03:19 PM
Derek Broughton

Jim and Phyllis Hurley wrote:

I wonder how that would work over here. The first pond needs to be a
winner instead of a stinker.

Old news. Nova Scotia has had such a plant in Bear River for a decade.
http://collections.ic.gc.ca/western/bearriver.html

PAWS, Inc, the company run by Jim Davis, creator of Garfield, runs a solar
aquatic facility for all its waste water (that's probably a little less
problematic than city treatment).

We (residents of Halifax, NS) are still pouring huge amounts of untreated
waste into our harbor, and are finally beginning to build treatment plants.
Many of us wanted to build a few dozen solar-aquatic facilities instead of
the three mammoth traditional plants they're going to build. City staff
refused to even consider the possibility.
--
derek