Old 02-12-2004, 04:23 PM
Ka30P

Default Taiwan waste water pond

Article from Taiwan about waste water treatment
ala 'pond'.

http://ihmp.net/@/v

kathy :-)
3000 gallon pond
800 gallon frog bog
home of the watergardening labradors
zone 7 SE WA state
Old 05-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

I wonder how that would work over here. The first pond needs to be a winner
instead of a stinker.

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

Old 06-12-2004, 03:19 PM
Derek Broughton

Jim and Phyllis Hurley wrote:

I wonder how that would work over here. The first pond needs to be a
winner instead of a stinker.

Old news. Nova Scotia has had such a plant in Bear River for a decade.
http://collections.ic.gc.ca/western/bearriver.html

PAWS, Inc, the company run by Jim Davis, creator of Garfield, runs a solar
aquatic facility for all its waste water (that's probably a little less
problematic than city treatment).

We (residents of Halifax, NS) are still pouring huge amounts of untreated
waste into our harbor, and are finally beginning to build treatment plants.
Many of us wanted to build a few dozen solar-aquatic facilities instead of
the three mammoth traditional plants they're going to build. City staff
refused to even consider the possibility.
--
derek

taiwan article janet_a Orchids 41 02-09-2004 11:29 PM
New variety of adenium from Taiwan [email protected] Bonsai 0 22-02-2004 01:32 AM
New variety of adenium in Taiwan on sale [email protected] Gardening 0 22-02-2004 12:32 AM
IMPORTANT CONTRIBUTIONS // NEW DEADLINE // TAIWAN // special commemorative gift // WSEAS Prof. Nikos Mastorakis Plant Biology 0 02-12-2003 12:05 AM
Govt regs Phal importation from Taiwan K Barrett Orchids 1 15-05-2003 04:44 PM