Old 12-12-2004, 10:29 PM
David Hill

Tony wrote ..."I have recently bought some young plants-
a Philadelphus and some Cornas Alba.

I have put them into pots temporarily, as the area that I am going to plant
them up in, won't be prepared until spring................."

Knock them out of the pots, dig a small trench and pop the roots into this
trench and firm the soil in around them.
In the spring when you are ready to plant them in their final home, lift
them carefully, they may have started to make new root by then, and plant as
normal.
If you leave them in the pots, they just might get to dry and not be able to
reach the soil moisture.

--
David Hill

www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk