Old 15-12-2004, 03:45 AM
Cereus-validus...

Peter Jacksoff uses prune juice to stir up the fecal matter he has passing
for a brain.

"Peter Jason" wrote in message
Cereus's posts work for me!

"Phred" wrote in message
In article , Goomba38

wrote:
grooler wrote:
prune juice works pretty good for constipation but it's too sweet and
upsets my stomach and makes me feel kinda nauseous.

is there something natural that's just as effective and not sweet or
not as sweet?

Apple Juice. Not apple sauce because it contains
the peel (which contains pectin, a major ingredient
in Pepto Bismol) but the juice works well for some.

This thread reminded me of a time during my primary school days when
one of the younger blokes decided the sticky black pulp around the
seeds of what we called "cascara bean" [actually _Cassia fistula_, the
Golden Shower tree] was edible. (Maybe some irresponsible older boy
told him it was.)

Anyway, he ate a fair bit of the goop from a bean during "little
lunch", and spent most of the rest of the day sitting on the loo!

The name "purging cassia" is probably pretty appropriate! :-)
http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/duke_energy/Cassia_fistula.html

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID