Old 16-12-2004, 03:53 PM
Quatermass

Default What exactly is a 'rest period' for my Madagascar Lace Plant?

I've got a few Aponogeton madagascariensis (Madagascar Lace Plant) and
I'm told they need a 'rest period'. Fine, but what exactly is that?

Do I leave it in the dark for a month, two months?

Or do I remove it from my Aquarium and then put it in the dark for a
time?

Any particular time of year?

What length of time is really required. I've read 4 weeks to 8 weeks!

I've also read that if I cut off the main sprout when it shows up that
this stop the need for a rest period.
Any knowledgable person care to comment please? :-)

Thanks.