Old 17-12-2004, 01:39 AM
gary

On 12/12/04 1:34 PM, in article ,
"Gary Woods" wrote:

"Sue" wrote:

Should I lift and divide the cloves and replant them?

If you don't divide, you'll get small crowded bulbs next season.
If you do divide, you may harm the root system and stunt the new bulbs a
bit. But not likely as much as not dividing.
If you've already got plenty of garlic planted, why not let the tops grow
for a bit, and pull for "green garlic." Use like scallions.

I think I would be inclined to separate (carefully) and replant. The garlic
has developed a root system and will probably do well. Green Garlic or
scallions are nice and that would be a good way to go. I like having the
option of either eating or replanting the bulbs that would be produced from
separation. You have two good options. Good luck and good eating!
Gary
Fort Langley, BC
Canada.